HANNAH’S TOP TIPS FOR WORKING FROM HOME DURING CORONA
Many of us are now finding ourselves working from home, which for some can be great, but others may find challenging. I have been working from home (WFH) for a while now and have found a routine which fits perfectly around my lifestyle.
I hope my tips will help you find enjoyment in WFH, and perhaps help you to make a few small changes which will enable you to work more productively and peacefully.
- Get dressed and ready as if you were leaving the house. Getting showered, hair washed and into clean clothes helps me to feel ready for the day ahead. It is so tempting to sit in our pj’s, or wear our favourite tracksuit day after day (trust me I’ve been there), but while this may feel great for a few days, we can quickly begin to feel lethargic and low.
- Create a calm working space away from your bedroom. You don’t need to have a dedicated home office, but making sure you have a comfortable, clean space makes a big difference. I also love to light my favourite candle to add to the feel good atmosphere.
- Prep your meals & try to opt for healthy lunch options. I always try to stock up on healthy snacks and lunch options, so when I’m feeing peckish I don’t mindlessly fill up on sugary snacks or leftovers from 6 days ago.
- Write a to do list or plan for the day. I find doing this the evening before works really well for me. It helps me to feel ready to get going straight away in the morning.
- Schedule your breaks into your day & take a proper lunch break. I like to take myself out for a walk or do something which makes me feel good for an hour at lunchtime. As soon as I implemented this into my daily routine I noticed how much more productive and motivated I am in the afternoon.
- Check in with friends, family & work colleagues each day. Working remotely can feel lonely at times and it’s easy to get consumed by things which are worrying you. Don’t forget to touch base with others and remember you’re not alone!
- Relax and unwind at the end of the day. When your home becomes your place of work it can often be more difficult to switch off at the end of the day. I try to set myself a time to finish, clear my things away and properly detach myself from work. I love to take a bath, take time cooking a delicious dinner, and watch something on Netflix, but you do whatever works for you to unwind after a busy day.